Monday, January 22, 2007

South of the Border.

Still no news on the camera front, although for the last 2 weeks I have had the sheer joy of having access to Ali's camera, which has allowed for a veritable festooning of new photo goodies to all sides of the World Wide Web. Have a look at my flickr site when and if the urge takes you.

But yes, we have been as 'baja' as one can be in Baja California. Well, not really as we only made it a bit more than half way down the pennisula, but I was talking about the Baja spirit!!! C'mon even a jived out square like you can surely remember what it was like to be young and funky. As I clearly am.

Seriously though, Baja Carlifornia has been great. Wonderful desert, very pretty bays and an endless horizon cannot help but make good road trip fare. It has however, and I do need to say this, been a little tinsy bit freezing. Oh yes, Mexico has not put on palm trees, beers with citrus tidbits escaping from every angle or bikinied Mexican lasses dallying on sandy shores. Rather we have been treated to single digit temperatures, snow in the higher altitudes and general all round 'Could you please give me a hand, because I believe your chiuaua is frozen to my left thigh' kind of discomfort.

Still it has been a good mid stop - nice mix of latin and north american culture... and 
I damn tootingly sure that it will be somewhat colder on my arrival in Canada, which
 happens in a few days now. In fact the  whole ambience has sometimes been more 
akin to a zoo in which to watch the cute and amazing behaviour of United States retirees in their natural habitat, than a real part of the
 Mexican nation. 

And in no way did we break the car. 

Rock and Roll 

Paddy.  

 

2 comments:

Gillian Perrett said...

I came here hoping for one, long, clear, totally unambiguous, full-of-detail, no-holds-barred, based on exact geographical locations, blow-by-blow account of your and Ali's trip through Mexico.

. . . and what do I get? One little post.

Anyway, I hope it went well, and even more I hope Canada is a success.

Gillian

Anonymous said...

...... Anda tumbleweed blows through the desert that is Paddy's blog. perhaps he took a long siesta ........